Michigan college cheerleading scholarships

Michigan Cheerleading Scholarships

While many individual colleges and universities in the state of Michigan offer scholarships for cheerleading, there are two additional cheerleading scholarships in the state of Michigan that you may want to be aware of. These are the Competitive Cheer Coaches Association of Michigan Cheerleading Scholarships and the Michigan High School Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete Award. If you are a cheerleader, you need to apply for both scholarships.

The Competitive Cheer Coaches Association of Michigan awards approximately fourteen scholarships each year in amounts of $2500, $2000, and $1500. Winners can use the cheer scholarships at the college or university of their choice, and the school does not have to be in the state of Michigan. However, to be eligible, the student must be attending a high school in the state. The number of awards given out each year varies, based on available funds.

In order to be eligible for a CCCAM cheerleading scholarship, you must have at least a 3.5 GPA through the end of your junior year of high school. This means that your GPA from your freshman through your junior year must be an average of 3.5. You must also currently be a member of the Michigan High School Athletic Association competitive cheer team, and a senior in high school – in Michigan, of course.

Additionally, your coach must also be a current member of the CCCAM, and your cheerleading squad or team must compete in the annual Scholarship Invitational in the year that you are competing for the cheerleaders scholarship. You must complete the scholarship application, and it must be submitted with a sealed copy of your high school transcript. You must also provide two letters of recommendation, and you will have to write a personal essay.

The other Michigan cheerleading scholarships you should compete for are the MHSAA’s Scholar-Athlete Award. The number of awards available changes from year to year, based on available funds, but approximately thirty are awarded each year. These awards are funded by Farm Bureau Insurance, and are available to high school seniors who participate in MHSAA approved sports.

The student must meet four requirements. The student must be enrolled in Interscholastic Athletics at a school that is a member of the MHSAA. The student must be a high school senior, and the student must have won a varsity letter from their school before their senior year, in an approved sport, which includes cheerleading. The student must also have a 3.5 GPA.

The MHSAA Scholar-Athlete Award amount is $1000 per winner, and when combined with the CCCAM cheerleading scholarships, you could have approximately $3500 to put towards your college education. Again, it will also be important that you apply for any university cheerleading scholarships that are available through the college that you will be attending; however those cheer scholarships are usually only awarded after you’ve made the cheerleading squad or team at that college or university. Again, you should note that these two cheerleader scholarships do not require you to participate in cheerleading or any other sport in college. The committees are only interested in your participation in the sport of cheerleading during your high school years.